As to support the growth of the global Islamic Finance industry, many organizations have established institutions and center of excellence as to promote research in Islamic Finance. This move is to provide the resources for academicians, industry players and policy makers in promoting innovation and dynamism in the industry.
The Islamic Finance and Wealth Management Institute (IFWMI), USIM is established on July 7 2007, to achieve its objectives by conducting applied research and industry training. The mission of the center is to foster the development of Islamic finance fields by delivering the best research outcome and provide solutions to the benefit of ummah as a whole.
To achieve this, IFWMI conducts applied research initiatives in specialized areas of Islamic Finance and Wealth Management industry to address operational challenges in this fast growing global industry. The Centre also organizes seminars, intellectual discourse series, conferences, consultation, training and publication.
IFWMI aims to be a catalyst of innovation in this niche area by sharing and enhancing knowledge and providing a platform for academicians, practitioners and industry players to share their knowledge, expertise and experience in the industry.
• Research by industry experts and fellow in niche areas
• Research by the visiting professor and scholars
• Post-doctoral student’s research
• Book of reading in various areas such as Muamalat, Economics, Wealth Management, Islamic Accounting, Takaful, Waqf, Syariah, Online proceeding
• Publication of Newsletter
• Online Journal for IFWMI
3. Consultancy Service
• Islamic financial planning consultation by experts with Islamic Financial Planner (IFP) designation
• Consultancy on Islamic Finance areas
• Consultation of IFWMI & other related areas
4. Conferences/Workshop Series
• The mediums for discussion and input for journal articles
• Organizing IFMI Intellectual Discourse Series
• Islamic Financial Planning Workshop series for academics and professionals
• Islamic Banking and Finance
• Shariah Audit
• Islamic Asset and Wealth Management
• Database of Expertise
• Data of research and training